Tuesday 10 February 2015

Frapin Multimillésime No 5 Cognac

I´ve opened a sample of the Cognac Frapin Multi Millesime No 5 of 2012, which is a mixture of three vintages (1982, 1986 and 1989). Cognac was produced in a limited edition of 1270 pieces. I usually find small series enjoyable and so I´m thinking to buy this cognac into my collection.


Frapin Multimillésime No 5 Cognac


This is already the second cognac produced by Frapin family, that I´m reviewing. In November, I wrote about the excellent vintage cognac Frapin Chateau de Fontpinot Millésime 1989. Article can be found here.

The Frapin family has settled in the region of southwestern France around year 1270. Traditional producers of wine started with spirits in more recent times. Currently they own 300 hectares of Grande Champagne, 200 of which are planted with vineyards. Family is housed in the  castle Fontpinot in the town of Segonzac.

The most famous member of the family was Francois Rabelais, a prominent French writer of the 16th century and author of the famous novel Gargantua and Pantagruel. As it happens, prestigious cognac The Cuvee Rebalais was named after him. Marketing is a game and great great uncle would certainly be delighted.

Tasting notes
Color: dark amber
Aroma: sweet, vanilla
Taste: pronounced with hints of vanilla
Finish: The taste stays for quite a long time in the mouth

Recommendation
As I wrote at the beginning: This cognac is relatively small series, and in my opinion is masterfully blended. I really do think it´s worth purchasing. Eventually, number of the bottles with  this particular blend available on the market will decrease, allowing its price to gain an interesting growth.


More...

No comments:

Post a Comment